Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Girlie's Sixth Month


This month has been like an awakening. Girlie is getting closer and closer to sitting unassisted. With this new semi-vertical position, an interest and awareness of the world around her has been kindled. She is so much fun. She seems to enjoy reading books more now that she can help turn the pages and put the books in her mouth. She enjoys interacting with people and seems to be looking for any excuse to laugh. She's eating solid foods now, another interaction with the world while sitting. She enjoys being propped up by pillows or my legs so she can play with toys. She did finally roll over from back to tummy, once. Her pediatrician said there's not as much incentive to roll that way, so I'm trying to let go of any concern there. She is still a delightful and easy going baby. Robert and I feel so blessed to have such a sweet, happy, healthy baby girl.

In the spirit of keeping things real on the ole bloggety blog, one of her socks that I've been using in the monthly pictures has been missing since I did laundry after her five month pictures. I used a pair of purple socks from the same package of socks, so we can still tell how she's growing compared to all of the other months.
We won't be able to take pictures this way if she gets too much longer.






I found the missing sock in one of the footies of her sleeper on Wednesday night, so I took pictures with it and a little bit of natural light on Thursday, August 30, 2012. It's been cloudy here this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment